Kenya might not be safe according to the data given by the Ministry of Health pertaining the Covid 19.
The spread of the deadly virus has affected Kenyan and the world economically, socially and politically.
The caseload of new affected people keeps raising daily. And with that, today Kenyan president Uhuru Kenyatta has given tough measures to keep curbing the virus.
In his speech today while addressing the nation, Uhuru pointed out five counties that will face a lockdown again until further notice.
They are, Nairobi, Machakos, Kiambu, Nakuru, Kaijado.
Other Covid-19 measures include;
- Cessation of movement by road, rail, and air in and out of the counties of Nairobi, Kajiado, Machakos, Kiambu, and Nakuru till further notice.
- No in-person meetings of any kind in the counties of Nairobi, Machakos, Kajiado, Kiambu, and Nakuru till further notice.
- Parliament asked to go on recess as well as the regional Houses mentioned above.
- Curfew to begin at 8 pm and end at 4 am in the counties of Nairobi, Nakuru, Machakos, Kiambu, and Kajiado.
Other counties’ curfew will go on as currently is, being from 10 pm to 4 am.
- Government vacates all curfew passes until a review by the Ministry of Interior is done.
- In-person worship in Nairobi, Nakuru, Machakos, Kiambu, and Kajiado till further notice. Other counties to be allowed in person religious engagements but to adhere to the one-third rule of the capacity of religious institutions.
- Bars are suspended from operating in Nairobi, Nakuru, Machakos, Kiambu and Kajiado. Restaurants and eateries in the said counties shall provide takeaway services only and are banned from selling alcohol.
- Schools, including universities, closed. No further in-person learning.
- All employees of private and government bodies are directed to have employees working from home until further notice, except those where services cannot be provided remotely.
- All hospitals asked to limit the number of visitors to patients to just one per patient.
- All permitted gatherings to have not more than 50 people. Funerals to be conducted within 72 hours of confirmation of death with just a total of 50 people. Marriage other similar events to have a total of 30 people.
- Those above 58 to be vaccinated in the first phase.