Covid 19 Pandemic Kenya
Government of Kenya gets a setback in its order that was passed to curb spread of Covid 19.
The order that was set to restrict social and public gathering and procession has been termed as illegal and unconstitutional by High Court.
- List Of Artist Who Have Switched From Gospel To Secular And Vice Versa! 🙆♂️Khalighraph Jones and Nyashinski Got Saved And Born Again! Music industry in Kenya is becoming unpredictable and anything is possible. While others are […] More
- At least 8 People Have Lost Their Lives At Afcon And Several HospitalizedCameroon is hosting the 2022 African Cup of Nations. It has been smooth sailing all through the group stages, with just a few minor hiccups in the plan. More
- “Vaccinated People Will Die In Two Years Time” A Former Nurse And Anti – Vaccine Activist Kate Shemiran SaysShe affirms that antibodies are comparatively expected to kill rather than to save lives, and she continues to communicate that all of the people who have been vaccinated have just two years to live resulting to getting the inoculation. More
- Class Teacher Commits Suicide After Being Cought Red Handed With A Form Two Girl In Bed(Yala)The teacher in question is a class teacher to the form two girl. According to the girl’s statement it seems this wasn’t the first time. More
- TBT: “And oh, the black wins the gold” legendary George Weah on racism stigma!George Weah” I am never proud of the Ballon d’Or award since I won it and I suffer from racism in Europe!! 🔥I […] More
This has been as a result of the petition filed in court last year by the Law Society Of Kenya (LSK) challenging the directives.
“A declaration be and is hereby issued that all the directives made by the National Security Advisory Committee on 7th October 2020 and ratified by the Cabinet on 5th October 2020 for the use of section 5 of the Public Order Act Cap 56 of the Laws of Kenya to contain, restrict and prohibit public gatherings, meetings and processions in the name of combating Covid-19 and containing the weaponization of public gatherings are unlawful, unconstitutional and in violation of Articles 10(2)(a) and 245(2)(6) and (4) of the Constitution for directing the law enforcement officers on how to discharge their duties,” read the court ruling by Judge A.C Mrima.
“An order of Certiorari be and is hereby issued calling into this Court and quashing the entire directives made by the National Security Committee on 7th October 2020 and ratified by the Cabinet on 8th October 2020, for the use of section 5 of the Public Order Act Cap 56 of the laws of Kenya to contain, restrict and prohibit public gatherings, meetings and processions in the name of combating Covid-19 and containing the weaponization of public gatherings.”
The court farther has issued an order to restraining Inspector General of Police Hillary Mutyambai or any officer from taking directives from the said National Security Advisory Committee.
“All other social gatherings, including weddings, celebrations of marriage or traditional unions, ceremonies of rites of passage, funeral/cremation ceremonies and all other similar events or ceremonies, shall strictly adhere to the 100-person attendance limit as prescribed,” he said.