After the Taliban group took over Afghanistan on August 15,2021 the nation is on unrest state.
Foreign Affairs CS Reychelle Omamo has confirmed that three Kenyans evacuated from Afghanistan will be arriving in Kenya on Thursday night around 9 pm.
- Poet Trevor Jey Releases A Hard Hitting Societal Album .Kenyan poet and rapper Trevor Jey has released his latest album tittled Trevolution, the album consists of fourteen tracks that highlight the current plight of […] More
- Otile Brown Breaks Records With This Song! 😭🔊🇰🇪Kenyan independent R&B singer Otile Brown aka Jacob Obunga breaks records. The singer’s music video dubbed Dusuma which he released on June 2020 is the […] More
- A Teenage Girl Dies In A ‘Marathon Sex’ With Sponsor! 🙆🏻♀️🇰🇪😭A body of a young girl has been found dead in a guest room- lodge in Makuyu, Murang’a County on Sunday. Following the suspicious incident, […] More
- ‘In Bad Blood’ Another Wcb Wasafi Employee Quits Job ! 🇹🇿😭It’s not well with Wcb Wasafi ? After several employees including Rich Mavoko quite Wcb Wasafi, another super director parts ways with the music label. […] More
- “GOD FORGIVES I DON’T” RICK ROSS! 👹😳Why doesn’t Rick Ross forgive? This legendary American based rapper has come out to claim that he doesn’t forgive. In an interview with Lil Ommy, […] More
On his statement released on Thursday, CS Reychelle Omamo made it clear that one of the Kenyans evacuated was working for the International Development Law Organization (IDLO), while two worked for Action Contre la Faim (ACF).
According to CS Omamo, Kenyan government is closely monitoring the situation ongoing in Afghanistan after the takeover of the capital city Kabul, by the Taliban on, August 15, 2021.
“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Kenya High Commission in Islamabad, Pakistan which is the nearest Mission to Afghanistan, has reached out to our allies to get information of any Kenyans stranded in Afghanistan and prospects of evacuation,” Omamo said.
It’s reported that about 12 Kenyans are working for different international organizations in Afghanistan.
Through diplomatic channels, Omamo stated that the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs wrote to the concerned organizations with a clear request to evacuate stranded Kenyans as a matter of urgency.
Also well the Ministry communicated to respective foreign Missions in Nairobi where the said organizations originate to urgently intervene to ensure evacuation of Kenyans to safety.
The Swedish Committee, Supreme Audit Office (World Bank) and Action Contre la Faim (ACF) all are reported to had two Kenyans each working for them.
Other organizations that has at least one Kenyan working for them are;
The International Rescue Committee, International Development Law Organization (IDLO), Danish Committee for Aid to Afghanistan Refugees, MEDAIR, Handicap International (HI) and Intersos .
“The government has directed two other Kenyan Missions in Beijing and Tehran to urgently reach out to the host governments, foreign diplomatic missions, partners, and friends of Kenya for assistance in evacuating any stranded Kenyans to safety,” Omamo said.