Cristiano Ronaldo will face hard time and a battle if he’s to reclaim his iconic No.7 shirt at Manchester United.
The Portuguese nationalist and footballer has decided to return home to the club at which he first became a global superstar. The deal was officially confirmed on Friday.
- Poet Trevor Jey Releases A Hard Hitting Societal Album .Kenyan poet and rapper Trevor Jey has released his latest album tittled Trevolution, the album consists of fourteen tracks that highlight […] More
- Otile Brown Breaks Records With This Song! 😭🔊🇰🇪Kenyan independent R&B singer Otile Brown aka Jacob Obunga breaks records. The singer’s music video dubbed Dusuma which he released on […] More
- A Teenage Girl Dies In A ‘Marathon Sex’ With Sponsor! 🙆🏻♀️🇰🇪😭A body of a young girl has been found dead in a guest room- lodge in Makuyu, Murang’a County on Sunday. […] More
- ‘In Bad Blood’ Another Wcb Wasafi Employee Quits Job ! 🇹🇿😭It’s not well with Wcb Wasafi ? After several employees including Rich Mavoko quite Wcb Wasafi, another super director parts ways […] More
- “GOD FORGIVES I DON’T” RICK ROSS! 👹😳Why doesn’t Rick Ross forgive? This legendary American based rapper has come out to claim that he doesn’t forgive. In an […] More
Immediately fans started pondering the question of his shirt number at the club, the immediate reaction was to assume he’d reclaim his famous old No.7.
However, this seems not to be so simple.
The Premier League rules state players must retain the shirt numbers they are registered under, unless they either depart or are granted ‘special dispensation’.
Dale Johnson ESPN reporter pointed this out and added that such special dispensation has never been granted previously.
“Section M of the Premier League rulebook says that, while he remains with the club, a player will retain his shirt number throughout the season for which it was allocated” Sky reporter Dharmesh Sheth explained.
“That means that [Ronaldo could not get No.7] unless Edinson Cavani leaves United or United apply for special dispensation from the Premier League board, which is highly unlikely.
“For Ronaldo to have that Ni.7 shirt, United would need to come up with a really good reason.
“As it is for now it’s not easy deal unless Edinson Cavani leaves Man United in the coming days, which we’re not expecting to happen, then Cristiano Ronaldo is unlikely to be wearing the No.7 after returning.”