Ahead of Wednesday 20th October, Mashujaa Day celebration, Ngurubani ward, Kirinyaga county residents have asked the county government to supply them with more condoms .
While speaking to the media on Friday, October 15, the residents claimed that there is an increase of commercial sex workers in the area, warning that their presence might lead to a rise in sexually transmitted infections in the county.
- The Mwingi Wedding Ceremony Bridegroom Speaks Out What Killed His Family Members In Enziu River Horror! 🙆🏻♀️😭🤡👺💔The parents of the Mwingi bus tragedy finally have spoken about the incident that occurred at Enziu River. […] More
- Bwana Mkunaji slept with Diana Bahati and claims a DNA results of Bahati’s first baby with his wife!💃Bwana Mkunaji A.K.A Willy Paul Msafi has dropped a diss track that aims at kelvin bahati’s family. In […] More
- Diana B Song One Day is number one trending song in youtube 🔥🇰🇪Diana Murua who was introduced not long ago by his husband Bahati (Kevin kioko) as Diana B by […] More
- Vicmass Luodollar Throws Shades To Kenyan Rappers Gives Thumbs Up Diana B! 🤣🔥👍The Bank Otuch hit maker throws shades to major renown East Africa music superstar deeming their achievements. Vicmass […] More
- Reasons: Why Maranda High School Students Set Dormitory A Blaze Again! 😭🔥🇰🇪Yesterday on December 5 Maranda High School in Siaya County was set on a blaze again. This is […] More
Some of the county sex workers speaking to the press said business was at its peak in Kirinyaga ahead of the Mashujaa day celebrations that will be held in the area.
“Because Kirinyaga will be hosting Mashujaa day celebrations, we request the Deputy Governor to distribute condoms for safe sex,” one of the commercial sex workers said.
The county sex workers have further appealed to the county government to support their business the same way Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are supported.
“The number of customers increases by night. Ngurubani is the new Nairobi,” one of the sex workers said.
The supply of more Condoms became a demand by the residents of Kirinyaga county after the National celebrations Committee expressed satisfaction with the ongoing Mashujaa Day Celebrations preparation both in Mwea and Kerugoya towns of Kirinyaga county.
The Chairman, Dr Karanja Kibicho, and his committee said that the preparations have surpassed 90 per cent in all areas earmarked to celebrate the event at Kirinyaga county.
Nevertheless, Dr Kibicho who is also the Interior principal secretary on Wednesday said that the preparations have now entered the final phase with Wang’uru stadium complete by 95 per cent and beautification and infrastructural renovation in Kerugoya mini-state lodge complete by around 98 per cent.