Cristiano Ronaldo will face hard time and a battle if he’s to reclaim his iconic No.7 shirt at Manchester United.
The Portuguese nationalist and footballer has decided to return home to the club at which he first became a global superstar. The deal was officially confirmed on Friday.
- The Alleged Parallel Tallying Centre Of William RutoMillions Of Kenyans across the country are eagerly waiting for the presidential election results that involve top contenders Deputy President Dr.
- Wafula Chebukati Explains The Results Being Displayed By The MediaAccording to the stations, the results are based on form 34A’s that are accessible at the commission’s public portal.
- Ghetto Bwoy Unstoppable Collabo Hits Headlines! 🔥🇰🇪As Kenya decides on 9th August 2022, many musicians have championed for peaceful election. MITEGO SASA brings to you one of…
- Kenyan Elections Funniest Memes 2022 🔥🇰🇪Leave your vote -1 points Upvote Downvote
- Ruto’s Immediate Family Exists KenyaRuto’s immediate family members have fled Kenya via Wilson Airport at 6pm, Rachel Ruto and her daughters left Kenya via Wilson airport a little after 6 pm today.
Immediately fans started pondering the question of his shirt number at the club, the immediate reaction was to assume he’d reclaim his famous old No.7.
However, this seems not to be so simple.
The Premier League rules state players must retain the shirt numbers they are registered under, unless they either depart or are granted ‘special dispensation’.
Dale Johnson ESPN reporter pointed this out and added that such special dispensation has never been granted previously.
“Section M of the Premier League rulebook says that, while he remains with the club, a player will retain his shirt number throughout the season for which it was allocated” Sky reporter Dharmesh Sheth explained.
“That means that [Ronaldo could not get No.7] unless Edinson Cavani leaves United or United apply for special dispensation from the Premier League board, which is highly unlikely.
“For Ronaldo to have that Ni.7 shirt, United would need to come up with a really good reason.
“As it is for now it’s not easy deal unless Edinson Cavani leaves Man United in the coming days, which we’re not expecting to happen, then Cristiano Ronaldo is unlikely to be wearing the No.7 after returning.”