After the Taliban group took over Afghanistan on August 15,2021 the nation is on unrest state.
Foreign Affairs CS Reychelle Omamo has confirmed that three Kenyans evacuated from Afghanistan will be arriving in Kenya on Thursday night around 9 pm.
- The Day Chebukati Will Announce The President ElectWafula Chebukati is expected to make a surprise appearance today or tomorrow afternoon to make the results of the recently concluded 2022 Presidential election public.
- The Alleged Parallel Tallying Centre Of William RutoMillions Of Kenyans across the country are eagerly waiting for the presidential election results that involve top contenders Deputy President Dr.
- Wafula Chebukati Explains The Results Being Displayed By The MediaAccording to the stations, the results are based on form 34A’s that are accessible at the commission’s public portal.
- Ghetto Bwoy Unstoppable Collabo Hits Headlines! 🔥🇰🇪As Kenya decides on 9th August 2022, many musicians have championed for peaceful election. MITEGO SASA brings to you one of the most promising Reggae…
- Kenyan Elections Funniest Memes 2022 🔥🇰🇪Leave your vote -1 points Upvote Downvote
On his statement released on Thursday, CS Reychelle Omamo made it clear that one of the Kenyans evacuated was working for the International Development Law Organization (IDLO), while two worked for Action Contre la Faim (ACF).
According to CS Omamo, Kenyan government is closely monitoring the situation ongoing in Afghanistan after the takeover of the capital city Kabul, by the Taliban on, August 15, 2021.
“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Kenya High Commission in Islamabad, Pakistan which is the nearest Mission to Afghanistan, has reached out to our allies to get information of any Kenyans stranded in Afghanistan and prospects of evacuation,” Omamo said.
It’s reported that about 12 Kenyans are working for different international organizations in Afghanistan.
Through diplomatic channels, Omamo stated that the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs wrote to the concerned organizations with a clear request to evacuate stranded Kenyans as a matter of urgency.
Also well the Ministry communicated to respective foreign Missions in Nairobi where the said organizations originate to urgently intervene to ensure evacuation of Kenyans to safety.
The Swedish Committee, Supreme Audit Office (World Bank) and Action Contre la Faim (ACF) all are reported to had two Kenyans each working for them.
Other organizations that has at least one Kenyan working for them are;
The International Rescue Committee, International Development Law Organization (IDLO), Danish Committee for Aid to Afghanistan Refugees, MEDAIR, Handicap International (HI) and Intersos .
“The government has directed two other Kenyan Missions in Beijing and Tehran to urgently reach out to the host governments, foreign diplomatic missions, partners, and friends of Kenya for assistance in evacuating any stranded Kenyans to safety,” Omamo said.