An independent commission can impose as many as nine severe punishments on Manchester City after they breached 100 Premier League financial rules.
Punishments that independent commission can impose on Manchester City
- Suspend the club from playing league matches
- Points deductions
- Recommendations to the board that league matches be replayed
- Recommend to the board that the league expels the respondent club
- Order compensation
- Cancel or refuse registration of players
- Conditional punishment
- Order the club to pay costs
- Make such other order as it think fit
In other words, City are in a lot of trouble and face a range of damaging outcomes for their breach of financial rules between 2009 and 2018.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings